- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Thursday, September 17

We have a winner!

Lentils anyone? Well my family is not a soup family, but that doesn't stop me from continuing to try. So tonight's new recipe was "Spicy Lentil Soup with Lemon Herb Greek Yogurt." Quite tasty I must say. I served it with some Nann bread { not homemade } And sprinkled some of my favorite seasoning BACON.... {If Jefferson could use it as a seasoning I figure.... whatever... Jefferson was not always right, but here I think he was thinking along the same lines as me.}


So Skip liked it, that is great! Jack ate his. Blake loved it. Sam iffy..... Claire ate five bites and only five because she was bribed. What kind of Mother am I turning into? DESPERATE! I brought home some dark chocolate wafers with those little white sprinkles on them, showed them to Claire, sat them on the counter in her line of sight and then told her she couldn't have them unless she ate at least five bites of the soup. What a girl won't do for some dark chocolate. She choked down the five bites and then asked for her prize. I gave it to her and ate some myself. Everyone received some. Wait a minute, maybe they all ate up just for the chocolate. I am going to have to rethink this????



3 comments:

Kate said...

I was thinking about you tonight while making dinner. I made tortilla soup. I bet the kids would love it.
Easy easy easy. Veggies, chicken, a little cheese, chicken broth and whole wheat tortilla strips.
Very nummy.

Maryann said...

Shane says you need to post a recipe if half the family eats it.

Brossettelewis said...

Post it. I have tried a few recipes and all have been very blaa.

-
-
- -
- -
-