- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Saturday, January 30

Let them it Cake...good Idea!

This is my question. Why do we have to have something different for dinner every night of the week. It's crazy! In so many countries they eat rice at every meal and the same veggies. I know variety is the spice of life, but can we make a good pot of chili and eat on it for several days? Maybe a great soup?...... I really couldn't stand to eat pizza every night of the week. I might be able to eat some form of Mexican food every night as long as we have the avocados. I am so tired by the end of the day and trying to eat as plant based as possible is sometimes so daunting.

This week's Menu: Potato Leek soup With Rosemary ...yum!
Penne pasta with Roasted red pepper red sauce..pretty good!
Seven layer bean dip (canned beans but homemade salsa and guac)
Vegan Southwestern chili....love it!
We had left over chili and Claire had hummus and chips.
Green Smoothies with every meal!:)

Breakfast is so easy. Lunch, I am working on it, but really I would be happy to have a salad at the end of the day and call it good. Picky eaters have got me down. All five of them!

I am now at 11:30 at night, trying to figure out what we will be eating for the next couple days and it is so depressing. I know what I want and believe me it is scrumptious. The other five are not so easy.

I should be screening a movie right now, so I can see if my kids can watch it. Not enough hours in the day! We learned to knit today from a great new friend and her son, so I will stop now go, watch the end of the movie and practice my new found skill...knit two...pearl one!

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

The solution is : you cook for me and I cook for you.
Please fly in here in a fews days and surprise us for your birthday. I will make a fabulous dark chocolate healthy plant based :) cake. xoxoxo
ps. It snowed a foot again.church is cancelled.

ShelleyG said...

Do you rotate out cooking duty with your kids? Ours get to pick what they want to help make and it makes for a smooth night. I go bonkers when my kids complain about dinner. If you are making them super smoothies, it seems like dinner could be just about anything...It's great they like to drink those each night!

-
-
- -
- -
-