- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Monday, February 8

Beauty!

What on earth? Why this plant is blooming right now is beyond me. I am not sure what it is called, but in the middle of winter it is wonderful to see such beauty.
This guy keeps me on my toes. I have been trying to get a good picture of him for weeks. From what I understand he is a Stellar Jay. Just beautiful!
Look at this beauty. This was a Christmas gift that bloomed on my birthday. I love it. We have been watching it's progress for about six weeks.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

The top one is a rhododendron, a beautiful plant native to Washington. Some bloom in the late winter/early spring, like the one you're lucky enough to have, but most are late spring and summer. They come in all different colors, but the true native ones are the light pink color. You'll see them all over the mountains, but they're usually more scraggly up there.

Karen said...

Yep...it's a rhodie. Some grow as tall as small trees. I love the Stellar Jay. Fun pics to see! Rhodies love the acidic nature of the soil in Western Washington.

-
-
- -
- -
-