- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, January 5

.....of life a new

Determination, perseverance, tenacity; strength, fortitude and firmness of purpose what have you against these. Well, not a lot. These are all words. Some of these words roll off the tongue so nicely. I really like FORTITUDE......say it....or.....TENACITY.....nice.....They all have a similar meaning. In fact you can find them all under the word RESOLUTION in the dictionary....RESOLUTION kind of rolls off the tongue nicely too.


We had a FHE all about goals and resolutions. Now Claire is all about it. We talked of Spiritual goals, physical goals, recreational goals, financial goals and many others, but for some reason Claire is stuck on physical goals. Now this is where you should stop reading if you don't want too much information........She has decided that she will make a resolution to stop picking her nose....I am so glad...... She whispers it to me during my lesson and then says," Is that a good resolution mom." " Yes that would be good.", I say and get back to my lesson. " How about not rubbing your chin.", interrupts Claire. " Wonderful, I would really LOVE that { My chin is getting a bit saggy from all the rubbing.}"....Then the biggest goal of all the goals....." I think I should start wiping myself too."Says CLAIRE. I respond," That is the best goal yet! I know none of your brothers can top that." Hallelujah!!! My goal will be to stop being your enabler and have you do it yourself. Ya, we can be resolution buddies......sounds to good to be true:)
Jack is not a fan of making goals....." I am just going to do my best and try to be better." Not going to cut it here buddy, sorry. We are still coming up with his. There is something about teenage boys that I have not quite learned how to deal with. I have two more so hopefully in about 12 years I will have it down somewhat. I can dream right or maybe that should be my resolution. I will learn how to deal with the strange animal that are teenage boys.

Sam is the one that is on this resolution band wagon. He has his chart he is on his way and nothing is going to stop him. We challenged the Primary kids to read the Scriptures everyday and gave them a chart to keep track. Sam came home and put it up in his room and wrote very neatly on the side "Write in my Journal" So far....four days...he is 100%. way to go Sam! He wants to run three miles by August and bike twelve miles too. I have no doubt the kid will achieve it all.

Blake, I am not sure about. He is all about making jokes..... about everything. So he was cutting up all through FHE. He did well last year memorizing all his Articles of Faith. He was so proud when he received his certificate. Now he is working on getting his Wolf badge for scouts, so I know the kid is driven, even though he is a jokester.

I thought for me, maybe......not yell so much. Really, I want to work on this. I started whispering at the kids when I was really mad and Blake was a little freaked out by it. There was a conference address all about this. It is not like am this constant yeller, but sometimes I can't get my kids to respond until I raise my voice. I don't like it. I think one resolution might be good for each category......The exercise might have to wait until it is above 40 outside, because I am a wimp and do not like to be cold.

How did I do on resolutions last year? Not so great....I did do one...kind of... okay... and that was eat better. It says in Section 89 of the Doctrine of Covenants, vs 9And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; I figure I need all the wisdom and knowledge I can get.

I hope for a better year this year.....last year actually was pretty good, but I like to think I can improve every year. I might add cleaning my bathroom to the list.......but I don't want to rush into anything.

3 comments:

Kate said...

OH how I love thee....Laurene.
Why oh why don't we hang out more?
Great post!

Brooke said...

I love Claire's resolutions. And I think one of yours should be to "stock more hand soap." There really is nothing yuckier than a kid who is learning how to wipe him/herself. One of those "necessary evils." :-P

Laurene Ross said...

Thanks Katie!!! I think these kids are the reason:)

Brook- HAHAHAHAHAH.....I will invest in a case!

-
-
- -
- -
-