- -
-
- - -
-
-
- -
-

Wednesday, November 12

Sing a Song

In a previous post I talked about things I Love. One of them was what movies I love. Since then I have seen a few more movies. I would have to add 'Iron Man' and 'Incredible Hulk' to the list. What can I say I love a could hero and speaking of hero's, how about Mr. Zac Efron, no I didn't scream when he took his shirt off... really I prefer Robert Downey Jr. or Mr. Ed Norton.



On Monday night I went to the late night showing of 'High School Musical' ...Please stop laughing....My friend Suz, whom I adore, invited me and she can be quite convincing. Fun is what she is about.



Rachel and Emily were also with us and they too are about fun. I have to say the movie theater was an icebox. I did bring my gloves luckily. It was late and I was tired.... { Ok, I just saw a commercial for 'Quantum Solace' I need to take a few deep breaths}

You can have a moment if you need one.............

So back to the subject 'High School Musical'. I have not seen the previous two, imagine that. I don't know the back story, but I think I can put the major pieces together if I try. The story was pretty predictable, who knew? Anyway, I have to say the dancing was quite good and the singing was okay. The acting was par for a musical. I also saw 'Mama Mia' this summer and was disappointed in the singing. This was much better.

I have to go back to when I was in third grade; "Grease was the word that you heard...."This movie was also about high school. It had some questionable content. My mom would not let us see it, but it was all the rage at school. Every talent show had a number from 'Grease' in it. I learned all the songs during lunch. Plus they were on the radio. I loved singing them as a kid. I was unaware of what went on in the movie, naive, yes. To compare the two might not be fair, although I think it is the same tweens it is aimed at. I would definitely recommend this one for the younger set, no language, no skin, no violence and one little kiss. I do think seeing it at home would be just fine, wait for the DVD.

What movies have you seen lately, that you could recommend? I love a good story.

Going out with the girls, priceless!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if Suzie can get you to High School Musical (I sent Mackenzie with a friend and her Grandma), you should take her to see 'Quantum Solace'. I don't know though. After Zac maybe Daniel Craig is a little to much. I'm not a fan of his in any other movies but I love him a James Bond. As Riley would say "He's bringing Sexy back."

Cristy said...

Daniel Craig is totally bringing sexy back!! Your on your own with the other two though Laurene. I would say 3 but don't think Zac Efron is considered a Man!
You must have been desperate to get out of the house to go see HSM. Yikes!!
Did you see Get Smart? It is hilarious. Very Steve Carrel. I love him though. Don' see Journey to the center of the Earth..Lame. Tinkerbell was also a recent movie I have seen, Way too many times now. Hmmm...I don't think we like the same type of movies though.
Have you rented Miss Potter? I
liked that one about Beatrix Potter.

Suzie Soda said...

I am all about bringing sexy back..I love james Bond movies.....but they are one of the few Greg likes too. But I am game anytime. I want to see Austrailia and another one I can't remember the name of. HSM was fun.....I still need to complain to the theater about how cold it was.....it was frickin freezing.....and I had on several layers. But at least I am in the groove.....didn't want to be left out in the cold when it comes to being in the know. Even my grandkids beat me to it. You can rent the others..they are cute..even for your kids.

-
-
- -
- -
-